Oven-Braised Halibut Provençale
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, cut tinto 2-inch chunks
- 1/3 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in heavy medium oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper. Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and fennel. Sauté until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices and clam juice. Simmer until fennel is tender and liquid reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in olives.
Arrange halibut atop tomato mixture. Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 18 minutes. Stir basil into vegetable mixture and serve.